The Master Distiller's Homestead consists of a dog trot style log cabin, aging cellars,spring house, smoke house, barn and distillery. Originally this part of the farm was the home of the Rasche family, who moved to the Hermann area between 1839 and 1842. The original house was destroyed by fire in the mid 1900's. However, a log house matching the age and footprint of the foundation was found near Hermann and was dismantled, moved and reconstructed here. The spring house, smoke house and barn are original to the farm and have been restored to their original state. The hillside cellar has been restored and houses Hermann Farm's Black Shire Distillery.